Re: GC crashes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GC crashes
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:31:52 +0100 (CET)

> Now I can reproduce the similar misterious segfault in GC without
> process nor code conversion.  I've just installed the attached
> change.  It seems that it fixes the problem, but I still don't
> understand why a week hash table causes a problem.  Anyway, could
> you please try again with the latest CVS HEAD?

Will do so as soon as the Emacs CVS can be accessed again.

> The strange thing is that the change for making a composition hash
> table weak is done on 2003-01-10, about a year ago.  I don't know
> why the current problem appears recently for you.

I got such segfaults from time to time, and most of them I've reported
to the list.  Only the frequency of crashes has increased
significantly recently.  The reason is probably that I've subscribed
to a Thai mailing list (well, I can't read Thai, but I'm interested in
Thai font development and support for LaTeX).

    Werner