`s' (regex) search [was Re: Info enhancements]

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: `s' (regex) search [was Re: Info enhancements]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 21:54:40 -0600

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 01 2003, Juri Linkov wrote:
>
>> - rebind `M-s' key to a new function `Info-search-next' that searches
>>   for another occurrence of regular expression from a previous
>>   `Info-search' command (key `s').  Pressing only one key to repeat
>>   a search is more convenient than pressing two keys (`s RET').

This comment must be about reading info inside emacs ... right?

I think it needs to be said somewhere in this discussion that a regex
search needs to be added to the standalone info reader.  A regex
search is much more usefull in my opinion, than a string match search.

Of course the index search is the first line of attack but after that
I rely on emacs  info reader's `s' (regex) search.

I wondered why this is not part of standalone info reader.  Is it
difficult to add?  If its possible, can it also be added to the new
formats now under discussion?