Re: Info enhancements

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:46:06 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote

    .... If we mark index menus with a special tag, then we can also
    easily the exact character or line position within the node for
    the index entry.  I believe Dave Gillespie (that's my memory,
    might have been someone else) implemented a hack for this at one
    point, but it never made it back into info.el.

Here is an example from the `Index of Key Sequences' in calc-2.02f

    * quick-calc:                   Quick Calculator.       6.

which comes from node Quick Calculator in the Texinfo file:

    @pindex quick-calc

Unfortunately, I could not find the source for the hack, just its output.

As far as I can see, a better format would have the line number before
the description rather than after it, with the description indented 6
spaces from the column number to which the description would otherwise
have been indented.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden