Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:05:18 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:

    'lazy' and 'delayed' are good because they describe how the widget
    accomplish its task.  But I now believe 'recursive' is best, because
it described what the task is. Also
      (define-widget 'binary-tree 'recursive ...)

    reads well:  A binary tree is a recursive datastructure with the
    following attributes ...

That use is recursive, but the widget doesn't require you to use
recursion.  Its essence is lazy or delayed evaluation.  So I think
that should be the name.

Can widgets have aliases, like variables and functions?

--
Kevin Rodgers