Asian characters in email corrupts all successive emails

From: puneet
Subject: Asian characters in email corrupts all successive emails
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:58:18 -0500

Hello All

      I am using a recent cvs build of emacs. I have attached a small
      file with this email, which is part of my procmail.log.

      As you can see on the line 14 of the attached file, it is the
      procmail log for some spam with asian characters. The problem is
      that in emacs, I am seeing all the lines after line 14
      corrupted. It is not so if I use any other text editor (I have
      tried vim/vi).

      When I open the file in emacs and save it in another file, the
      saved file differs from the opened file.

      When such an email is coming to my mail folder/spool, emacs
      fails to recognize all the emails after the particular mail in
      the mail folder. Actually I am using gnus/nnml and emacs is not
      recognizing/getting any email after the particular email from
      the spool.

      I think it must be something to do with multi-language support,
      but it is corrupting a lot of emails in my mailbox.

Regards
- p

Puneet Goel

--