ignoring unknown \0\h[ constructs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: ignoring unknown \0\h[ constructs
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:15:00 -0500

In the midst of all this other discussion ...

I wonder if anyone would have time and inclination to make the current
Emacs Info reader ignore any \0\h[...\0\h] constructs it doesn't
recognize.  (Right now, it recognizes this magic delimiter to handle
inline images, as implemented by janneke some time ago.)

This will give us a way to implement future extensions in Info format
without undue impact on old readers.  (Of course it won't help with
versions already released, but we can only do what we can do.)

Please let me know (else I'll try to get to it myself as soon as I can),
and thanks.

karl