Re: Info enhancements

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:36:20 -0500

    Right now, we are trying to deal with an apparent problem that the
    Elisp info reader has with similarly named references

Exactly what is the bug and what is the proposed solution?  Sample files?

I had no idea there was an actual patch being applied.
What other changes are being made?  While savannah is down, it's
impossible to know what is being done.

As we know, the standalone Info reader searches for the second arg to
xref in the node.  This is not perfect, as you yourself noted, but I
guess it only hurts occasionally.  So if you want to implement that in
the Emacs reader, fine.  Consistency is nice, anyway.

Other than that, the only practical solution to subnode positioning is
anchors, as far as I can see.