Re: Info enhancements

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:57:46 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   > From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
   > Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:31:41 +0200
   >
   > Yes, there is another problem with similarly named references: how to
   > select a reference unambiguously from a completion list.

   Doesn't the stand-alone reader handle this correctly?  (I don't
   remember.)  If it does, we could do something similar in Emacs.

The user invokes `f' and starts typing in the minibuffer.

If the node is not unique because the _file_ is not unique, the
stand-alone reader chooses a node based on the value of point in the
*info* buffer.

But the user is entering input in the minibuffer.  Hence I believe it
would make more sense to ask for extra characters, as `f' does in all
other situations where the node can not be uniquely determined by the
minibuffer contents.

Sincerely,

Luc.