Re: Info enhancements

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:51:00 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> The preference given to the reference at or closest to point does
> sound like a reasonable feature, doesn't it?

I agree that using the reference closest to point is a reasonable
feature.  Firstly, the cases with two references with the same name
in one Info node are very rare.  Secondly, mostly users put point on
the reference before following it.  So this feature will work in the
most cases.  So I agree that Emacs should behave similarly.  I'll look
over the source code of the stand-alone reader.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/