emacs arch branch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: emacs arch branch
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:12:14 -0500

My emacs arch branch emacs--cvs-trunk--0 is now in a new archive (the old one
is still around, but will no longer be updated); it's now:

   address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

To register the new archive (which you only need do once), do:

   tla register-archive http://arch.linuxguru.net/~miles/address@hidden

To change a project tree to follow the new branch, do in the root directory
of the project tree:

   tla join-branch address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0
   tla set-tree-version address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

!!! As with the CVS version of emacs, this branch is currently _missing_
src/regex.[ch], and so won't build unless you add them yourself in some
manner.  Whenever this situation is resolved in CVS, the arch branch will
follow; hopefully that will be soon. !!!

[Yes this is all a pain, and I wish there was an automatic mechanism to do
it, but there isn't (yet.)]

If you have your own arch branch of emacs, you might wish to take this
opportunity to re-branch from emacs--cvs-trunk--0 (or another branch);
contact me for more details (but I'd wait until the regex.[ch] thing is
resolved).

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia