Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: emacs/src

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: emacs/src/regex.c]]
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:40:51 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> The only proper solution is to _copy_ the two ,v files directly (on
> the CVS server) into the emacs repository, to preserve consistency &
> history.

I vaguely remember that it "works" to use different CVS repositories
for different directories.  That is, you have a directory foo where
foo/CVS/Root specifies one repository and a subdir of foo, foo/bar,
where foo/bar/CVS/Root specifies a different repository.  Then, doing
"cvs update" from foo will update both foo and foo/bar from their
respective repositories.

That might be a workable approach for maintaining consistency on the
client side.

Kai