Re: Customize key bindings?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize key bindings?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:43:52 -0500

    I have an idea for a custom-key.el that would allow users to add
    global key bindings via the customize interface.  I suspect this is
    sufficient for many people. It would be sufficient for me.  See below.

That is a feature I would definitely like to have added.
I agree that global bindings are enough to make a very useful feature.

However, I would expect that the `string' type is not very convenient
for specifying a key sequence.  The right way is to let the user
actually type the key sequene to bind, as global-set-key already does.
Can someone define a type for that?

I think that our current interface for adding to an alist
is rather inconvenient too.