Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions
Date: 02 Jan 2004 09:31:24 +0900

>     How about if we change "CVS/" to "/CVS/" and modify the code to match
>     the whole name if the member of the list begins with a slash?
>
> I'd rather have a list of directory file names to be matched exactly
> (not as substrings), and put CVS into that.

How about a list of regexps (and add `^CVS/$' -- using the same
`directories have slashes' rule as completion-ignored-extensions)?

That'd be more useful for future weird cases, and most people will use
completion-ignored-extensions anyway, so I don't think `regexps are
confusing to novices' would be an objection to it.

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....