Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:52:59 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
> Date: 02 Jan 2004 02:06:45 +0100
>
> Couldn't we simply say that if a directory name (an element ending in
> a /) is present in completion-ignored-extensions, it must match the
> directory name exactly?

Richard, I tend to think that this is the best proposition for a
solution in this thread.  In addition to being the simplest, it is
also 100% backwards-compatible, at least as far as the user interface
and the semantics of the default value of the option
completion-ignored-extensions are concerned.

Do you see any disadvantages of what Kim suggested?