Re: Fix for slow process output processing (please test).

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Fix for slow process output processing (please test).
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 14:07:45 -0800

    Kim> David Kastrup and others have reported very slow processing
    Kim> of process output, particularly with the Linux kernel's
    Kim> scheduler giving emacs too much attention while starving the
    Kim> processing producing the output.

    Kim> Below is a patch

I've noticed that shell-mode on very recent (i.e., since after New
Year's) versions of CVS Emacs on Windows is quite slow, and the CPU
usage is high, for a second or two after I hit RET
(comint-send-input).  I haven't yet investigated, but if this sounds
like it might be related to your patch (which I think, but cannot
right now confirm, is present on the Emacs in question), let me know
if I can give you any more information.

--
Software is largely a service industry operating under the
persistent but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing