Re: [CVS] regex.[ch] missing in CVS checkout

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [CVS] regex.[ch] missing in CVS checkout
Date: 06 Jan 2004 11:01:43 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> > I still don't see why this is necessary if emacs is the only
> > package using those files ... it must be possible to find out
> > if there are other packages using it (were there other symlinks
> > to them which have been broken?)
>
> I think the idea was to prevent diverging changes?

Yes I understand that.

However nobody seems to answer my basic question:

ARE THERE ANY OTHER PACKAGES (besides emacs) WHICH USES THOSE FILES?

If emacs is the only packages which uses these files, why maintain
them separately from emacs?

All changes to those files for the last 5 years are related to emacs,
so I doubt any other package is using them.  I don't want us to solve
a problem which isn't there!