Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:43:32 +0000

> > With a file (whose contents don't matter much) hello.c in /tmp.
> >
> >      gcc -g3 -o hello hello.c
> >
> > Then I can debug hello fine with the new M-x gdb.
> >
> > If I compile it thus:
> >
> >      gcc -g3 -o hello /tmp/hello.c
> >
> > then when I do M-x gdb, and select gdb --annotate=3 hello, I see the
> > assembler code for main rather than C source code.

> This is because gdb-frame-handler can't handle word wrapping in the
> ouput of "info frame".  Should be fixed now.

I've not considered word wrapping. I can see that this would create problems
but I don't think this fixes the problem stated above as it happens before
execution has started, when "info frame" just gives "No stack." The source code
is located for Emacs with the GDB command "info source".

Bruce, when you see the assembler code for main rather than C source code
what does GDB say when you type "info source" in the GUD buffer? I can't
duplicate this problem. What operating system, version of GDB, gcc etc
are you using?

Andreas, I imagine other handlers in gdb-ui.el can't handle word wrapping so
I guess that running GDB command, "set width 0", on initialisation will help.

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net