Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:28:08 +0000

 > > so I guess that running GDB command, "set width 0", on initialisation
 > > will help.
 >
 > I don't think this is desireable, since it causes all output to not be
 > wrapped, which is not nice when printing large values.

I agree. I will revert this change.

>From the e-mail to Bruce Stephens:

> Can you step through gdb-frame-handler with edebug and look at gdb's
> output in gdb-partial-output-buffer?  I tried it with real long filenames
> and function names, and it didn't fail for me.

A good way to look at this output is to select gdb-partial-output-buffer and
type undo. That way you can cycle back through its history. In the past I have
found that edebug plays havoc with real time aspects of the process filter.

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net