Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:53:43 +0000

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> A good way to look at this output is to select
> gdb-partial-output-buffer and type undo. That way you can cycle back
> through its history. In the past I have found that edebug plays
> havoc with real time aspects of the process filter.

That's useful to know.  In this case, though, I don't see that it
would help: I can see the differing behaviour using gdb in a terminal.
gdb isn't showing the compilation directory in this case, whereas with
a relative filename ("gcc-3.2 -g3 -o hello ./hello.c") it does.  I'd
guess details of how gdb-partial-output-buffer evolves probably
doesn't matter.

I don't know which program is at fault.

bruce% gcc-3.2 -g3 -o hello /tmp/hello.c
bruce% gdb hello
GNU gdb 6.0-debian
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8048340: file /tmp/hello.c, line 4.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /tmp/hello

Breakpoint 1, main () at /tmp/hello.c:4
4       exit(0);