Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: new gdb/gdba code has bug with absolute source filenames
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:04:16 +0000

> I don't know which program is at fault.

Looking more carefully, I can reproduce this problem. I think this is normal
output. GDB only records a compilation directory if it makes sense. This is
used to help find the source code. If the source is in a different directory
to where the compilation is done, as it might be with

gcc -g3 -o hello /tmp/hello.c

then it might not help.

Since I think this is normal output, I've committed the changes in gdb-ui.el
to allow for this, to the CVS repository.

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net