Re: automatic anchors for definition commands.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: automatic anchors for definition commands.
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 06:46:22 -0500

    A test with 2000 randomly-generated @anchors (the Elisp manual has about
    1800 @def... cmds) ran fine, both for speed and space.

    However, 5000 anchors overflows the string space in last year's TeX Live
    distribution.  (This year's has bigger maximums, as do a few other
    distributions I tried.)  None of the other various TeX capacities are a
    problem, and speed isn't a problem either.

It might be ok...but still, is this change really necessary?
It is not hard to define teh anchors we actually want to use.