Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters (and beeps)]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:30:24 +0100

Jan> I would expect chars_matched to be set to 0 when a complete character Jan> has been composed. But this may not be so, it all depends on what Sun
    Jan> has done.

I checked (on Solaris 5.8) and it is 3 after the 3rd key press.

Okay.

    Jan> But is there a reason why XIM is not enabled for you?

I have no idea. I only know that XIM exists. I just checked config.h and there's HAVE_XIM and USE_XIM both set to 1. So in theory it should be there.
What should I check?

Check if you have HAVE_X_I18N and HAVE_X11R6_XIM defined.
The best way is to step in xterm.c in the debugger and see why
XmbLookupString is not called.  It may be some problem with creating the
XIC or the XIM.

        Jan D.