Re: TUTORIAL.bg and windows-1251

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: TUTORIAL.bg and windows-1251
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:10:43 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Ognyan Kulev <address@hidden> writes:
> We can exchange mails this way for another month, so I decided to dive
> into the Source ;-)

Thank you for that!  But...

> It seems override-fontspec hasn't enough
> "priority".  To see what I mean, take a look at the attached patch.
> After applying it,  microsoft-cp1251 is used in rendering.

That's still strange.  You wrote that microsoft-cp1251 font
is used when you modify the default fontset by this code:

(defun use-microsoft-cp1251-font ()
   (let ((fontspec '(nil . "microsoft-cp1251")))
     (map-char-table
      #'(lambda (k v)
         (if (and v (> k 128))
             (set-fontset-font "fontset-default" k fontspec)))
      (get 'encode-windows-1251 'translation-table))))

That means that you are using the default fontset, thus
making override-fontspec have the higher priority than the
defualt fontset should be enough (as the current Emacs
code).

And, if a user is using a fontset (other than the default
fontset) that specifies some font for Cyrillic characters, I
think override-fontspec should not have the higher priority
than that fontset.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden