Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?
Date: 15 Jan 2004 19:47:17 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Hoey <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > > I'm not complaining (or volunteering), but I'd like to know if
>    > > there is any peace-of-mind increment on the horizon.
>
>    I'm just trying to find out what the situation is--e.g., whether
>    there is some off-list work being done.  Thank you for your
>    assessment of the situation.  If anyone has further information,
>    I'd be most grateful to hear about it.
>
> why are you doing this?  what emacs-enhancing activity will come
> of this inquiry?

Oh, come on.  Stop everybody crying "sacrilege".  Emacs is a large
executable and an operating environment for many.  The question is
quite relevant, even though we might not like its current answer.

There is nothing wrong in trying to assess the current situation by
asking on the developers' list.  Where else would you go for that?