Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?
Date: 16 Jan 2004 03:11:27 +0100

> Nobody has offered as yet to take charge of verification.
> Alas, I cannot possibly do it myself.

Ok, I'll volounteer to keep track of what's verified so far.

If you want to participate in the verification, pls download
the changeset tarball as previously announced.

Then send me a list of the files you want to verify (C code or Lisp),
or just request a list of files to check (and I'll chose some files
for you).

I will then respond directly to you with a unique key which you must
later return to me when you have complete validation of those files.

Do NOT copy your request to emacs_devel!!

I will post regular updates on the progress of the verification.

Note:  There is a total of approx 2250 files/revisions to check,
       so I will not post the entire list here.  I can send it
       to you on demand.