Re: Processing Chinese Big5 in Emacs Info reader

From: Chun-Chieh Huang
Subject: Re: Processing Chinese Big5 in Emacs Info reader
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:16:15 +0800

Chun-Chieh Huang <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I only changed one line in info.el to support Big5 Info reading in
> Emacs, as below: (info.el from CVS)

Please don't commit this change. I made a mistake.

I found when I first enter Info buffer, I can see any Big5 Info
file. But after I read an ASCII Info file, Big5 characters become 8bit
sequences. After changing the code, I byte-compile info.el again,
restart Info-mode, and then I saw Big5 characters. It's not because I
changed the code, it works because I restarted it. Sorry for my
mistake. Next time I will do extensive tests before I post.

--
Chun-Chieh Huang, aka Albert    E-mail: jjhuang AT cm.nctu.edu.tw
黃俊傑