Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:14:28 -0500

It is good that you could implement this mostly in Lisp;
that makes it easier to customize and adapt.
Thanks for improving the doc strings.

Could you put a blank line between a function definition
and the preceding comment?

If the user drops an icon representing a file into a Dired buffer,
I think it should rename or copy the file into that directory.
That is what drag-and-drop was used for originally on
the Mac: to move files between directories.  But I don't
see any code here to do rename or copy.

Does the current protocol handle dragging and dropping of files in any
way?  I don't see anything in x-dnd-known-types for files.