Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:27:40 +0000

Kim F. Storm wrote:

> I just installed patches to CVS emacs to enable this behaviour.  Try
>
>         (setq default-indicate-buffer-boundaries t)

This is a nice feature, but seems to have a bug:

emacs -q --no-site-file
C-h n
M-: (setq indicate-buffer-boundaries t)

At this point, the (bobp) mark [or whatever we call it, :)] appears in
the fringe at the top-left, and the down arrow appears in the fringe
at the bottom-right, and all is well.

I then hold down the down arrow key, until the page scrolls.
Now there are two down arrows in the right fringe. One of them is at
the bottom, where it should be. The other is just less than halfway
down the fringe. There is no up arrow at the top of the fringe.

This is under X, on GNU/Linux.