Re: Incomplete output from "cvs annotate"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Incomplete output from "cvs annotate"
Date: 19 Jan 2004 13:36:04 -0500

> I haven't checked pcl-cvs, but I suppose it could use a similar
> remedy for the problems it has with cvs+ssh?!

PCL-CVS uses both stdout and stderr, so redirecting it to /dev/null is not
an option.  Redirecting it to a separate file is not an option either
because the interleaving is also relevant (i.e. used by PCL-CVS).

It is really a bug between CVS, ssh, and libc (which might not appear with
all libc, but appear with glibc and with Mac OS X's libc as well
appearently).  Andreas Schwab's wrapper script is the best workaround
I know, and I don't think people have figured out whether the bug is in CVS,
SSH, or libc.

        Stefan