Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: 20 Jan 2004 01:41:04 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:42:25PM +0100, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> > I makes sense to put the beginning indicator on the left and the end
> > indicator on the right, in a way.  But somehow I expected both to be
> > on the left.
> >
> > What do people think?
>
> I agree that it sort of `makes sense', but one thing I do find annoying is
> that the _up_ indicator switches between left and right depending on whether
> it's `beginning of file' or an up-arrow.  I think it would makes sense to put
> the up-arrow also on the right;

The arrow is already on the right -- do you suggest moving the up
arrow to the left side?

>                                 I find glancing at those indicators when
> scrolling, and putting them in the same spot would make my glancing a lot
> easier... :-)
>
> Another small issue is that I'd like the arrows to be even more distinct from
> the bof/eof indicators than they are now, to make quick recognition easier;
> perhaps just adding a another row  of pixels to the vertical line inthe
> bof/eof indicators would do th job.

But I deliberately didn't want to make them too visible  --  it's nice they are
there, but they are a bit on the noisy side in some cases.

In any case, I have plans to make the bitmaps customizable (in lisp), so
eventually you will be able to make them any way you like...