Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: 20 Jan 2004 11:02:07 -0500

> If the frame is split vertically and text is dropped on the menu bar, there
> is a bit coordinate calculations to be made to determine which window
> to use.

I don't know enough to understand I guess.  I assume you'd use the same
kind of code that Kim recently changed to report the full position info in
mouse-click events: this code turns a scren pixel position into a bunch of
"logical position" info: window, buffer-pos, ...

Now, when dropping on the menu-bar, I don't know what DND should do (I
can't think of any meaningful operation that you could carry this way,
unless you could drop not just on the menu-bar but on a menu-entry), but
a menu-bar is always linked to a particular window, so getting the relevant
window is a small matter of finding the active window of the frame.

Obviously, I'm much too unfamiliar with the code to understand the problems
you're referring to.

        Stefan