Re: compilation-scroll-output broken

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: compilation-scroll-output broken
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:52:33 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>>     what was the motivation for this change?
>>
>>     2004-01-03  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>
>>
>>          * progmodes/compile.el (compile-internal): Use point, not point-min,
>>          for set-window-point.
>>
>> It fixed a bug where the actual output was not visible
>> because it was inserted in the buffer before the window start.
>> This occurred when the buffer was already displayed in another window.
>
> Do you have a simple way to reproduce?  I can't remember having seen this
> problem myself, and ignoring compilation-scroll-output looks like the more
> serious bug.

I want to second this.

I am using for '*compilation*' 'special-display-buffer-names' (frame
height 20 lines) and I also have set 'compilation-scroll-output' set
to 't' but with my very long compile command line (7628 characters)
the buffer moves _not_ to the end and so I am not able to see whether
the compilation has finished. It moves to the end only for the first
time. Also without 'special-display-buffer-names' it looks better.

Harald

PS: Last check out was on 2004-01-19.