Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: 23 Jan 2004 01:07:39 +0100

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, so I was not mistaken and this just duplicates the scrollbar
> functionality.
> Good.

It also gives another reason for the fringes :-)

> In that case, is it possible to make the fringe arrows clickable?

Yes it will be eventually.

I'm working on further enhancements to the fringe, and this is one of
the things that will be facilitated by those changes.

> (actually, one can just see the left fringe turning into a scrollbar :-)

That would be fun -- with my enhancements, it should actually be
possible to implement it entirely in lisp.