[Richard Stallman] address@hidden: Custom erases comment when default va

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: [Richard Stallman] address@hidden: Custom erases comment when default value restored.]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:05:27 +0100

I believe there ought to be a non-destructive "see default value" such
as the submitter suggest.  I have needed that myeself several times.
But I don't have time to design or implement such a feature.  Maybe
someone on emacs-devel feel like it.

The other suggestion suggestion, having a seperate "erase comment"
operation, I do not think would pay itself.  The utility is less than
the added complexity in the user interface.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: address@hidden: Custom erases comment when default value restored.] Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:21:37 -0500
I am not sure if any change should really be made here, and his
solution seems sort of clunky, but could you please think about it?

Perhaps "erase" should leave comments alone, and the way to get
rid of a comment should be by deleting the text of it.