Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:24:40 -0500

    The up and down arrows indicate whether portions of the buffer exist
    outside the window in either direction.  Combined with the top and
    bottom markers, this makes a good visual alternative (and one that
    is, for me, much easier to view at a glance) to the Top/Bot/All
    indicators in the status bar.

It seems to me that one or the other is sufficient.  Either the top
and bottom indicators, or the up and down arrows, would be enough.