Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:25:17 -0500

Earlier I thought you were saying it was too difficult
to decide based on specific details whether to allow a certain
drop in a certain buffer.  But now that you've explained that
every message leads to a LIsp-level event, I can see this is
not difficult at all.

    That is what I am doing now, so if you have several windows in a frame,
    the one where a file is dropped is used.  This happens anywhere in the
    buffer, not just the mode line.

That might make sense in most cases.  But Dired buffers should treat
it differently, and that means it can't be a general Emacs convention.