Re: sendmail.el bug or expected behavior?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: sendmail.el bug or expected behavior?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:25:05 +0100

Currently there are large numbers of places where Emacs sometimes
loses mail !

But since delivery is made in the foreground, you notice when that
happens.  Is it worth it to exchange this to a situation where mail
is prehaps very quietly not delivered?

No, the situation I'm complaining about is precisely silent mail loss.
I think you're mistaken about the current default: it's to deliver in
the _background_, because Emacs effectively backgrounds
/usr/lib/sendmail.

Actually, I have mail-interactive set to t, I forgot about that.
What about setting timeouts to a lower value, wouldn't that help?

        Jan D.