Re: process.c changes causes problem with JDEbug of the JDE package

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: process.c changes causes problem with JDEbug of the JDE package
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:41:37 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>> Harald> Yes, this helps an all works fine. Needs JDE to be changed
>> Harald> about this issue?
>>
>> > I will make the required change in the JDEE source code.  Thanks finding
>> > a solution to this problem.
>>
>> Please don't.  If process-adaptive-read-buffering needs to be set to nil,
>> it just means that there's a problem with the adaptive-reading code.
>> We want to fix *that* code rather than add some workaround in JDE.
>
> If there is a bug there, we should definitely try to fix it.
>
> However, conceptually, it is fully acceptable to let-bind
> process-adaptive-read-buffering to nil around the call to
> start-process for specific purposes.
>
> How is the process started?

It looks that the process is started by 'comint-exec'. Here a snippet
from the jde-dbs.el. Afterwards it follows a call to accept-process-output.

  (save-w32-show-window
   (comint-exec debugger-buffer debugger-buffer-name vm nil vm-args)
   (setq debugger-process (get-process debugger-buffer-name))
   (oset this process debugger-process)
   (oset this buffer debugger-buffer)
   (oset this comint-filter (process-filter debugger-process))
   (jde-dbs-debugger-register-process-filter this
'jde-dbs-asynch-output-listener)
   )
  (if (not (accept-process-output debugger-process
   ...)))

Harald