Re: make bootstrap fails.

From: Steven T. Hatton
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails.
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:07:20 -0500

On Friday 30 January 2004 20:48, Luc Teirlinck wrote:
> Steven T. Hatton wrote:
>
>    I should have mentioned that I had done the `./configure' prior to
>    the 'make bootstrap'.  Following the above procedure results in the
>    failure described.  This is a SuSE 9.0 box.
>
> I do not understand then.  If you checked out the CVS correctly, you
> should have an emacs/src directory, even though the error messsages
> seem to claim you do not.  Do you get an error if you just do `cd src'
> instead of `make bootstrap'?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Luc.

I built as root, and it built and installed without a problem. I also built
under a different user without a problem. I also discovered I couldn't run
make even with a bootstrapped source tree in my normal user environment. If I
gain insight into this, I will be sure and share.  Right now, I must move
one.

I will add, Emacs launches much more quickly than the stale build I've been
using.

STH