Re: CVS emacs crashes right after startup

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: CVS emacs crashes right after startup
Date: 02 Feb 2004 13:03:01 +0100

    >> From: Klaus Zeitler <address@hidden>
    >> Date: 19 Jan 2004 13:16:59 +0100

    Eli> Can you force GCC 3.2.2 to invoke the Solaris linker, and see if that
    Eli> helps?
    >>
    >> if I only knew how. According to gccint info I think it should be
    >> possible

didn't get any responses in the gcc mailing list. Therefore I went ahead and
built my own gcc making sure that it would use the solaris linker.
Now with this gcc emacs runs fine. So it is, as we've already suspected,
a linker problem.

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
The easiest way to figure the cost of living is
to take your income and add ten percent.