Re: make bootstrap fails.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails.
Date: 04 Feb 2004 11:07:22 +0100

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> without any problems after applying the trivial patch below.

I'm not sure, but some versions of make might require that you
(somehow) export the CDPATH variable to the environment, but
I don't remember the details.

In any case, unsetting CDPATH like this cannot do any harm!

> A caveat is in order though.  I am not an expert on Makefile.in.
> If Makefile.in for some strange reason needs to access the user's
> CDPATH,

.. then I would say that Makefile.in has a bug, so there's no reason
to consider that possibility, IMO.