Re: save-buffer in tar-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: save-buffer in tar-mode
Date: 04 Feb 2004 21:54:47 -0500

> If the multibyte flag was really changed, undo information of the
> current buffer is cleared.

Jonathan Yavner suggested to extend the undo log format with entries like
(function FUN . ARGS).  This would work wonders in this case.

        Stefan

PS: The only difficulty I see with the proposal is what to do with the
undo-in-region feature which generally needs to know which part of the
buffer is modified by a given undo item and should be able to update an
undo item so it applies to another part of the buffer (akin to updating
markers) so I suggested to turn it into (function FUN START LEN . ARGS).