Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:58:29 +0900

>> Exactly.  But then the image support patches have to be modified so
>> as to disable bit-swapping in them.

> What is the reason why they are still not installed?  Are we still
> waiting for papers?

Yes.  The procedure for the assignment started again from the
beginning because the previous papers are suspected to have got lost
in the mail.  Although I said that they seemed to be accepted, it
turned out to be the confusion with my old disclaimer that is not
applicable to recent changes.

I've just sent back new signed papers today.  So it would take at
least a few weeks to install the changes.

>> first, each row is word aligned).

> `word' does not universally refer to 2bytes (actually in most of the
> current GNU world, it refers to 4bytes).  I got confused for a
> while.  So please say 16bit-aligned instead or something like that
> to make things more clear.

Oops!  I was not careful about that.  I'm sorry for the confusion and
thanks for notifying me.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden