Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: 12 Feb 2004 14:48:24 -0500

> I saw some discussion of a compile.el update, I hope the new version
> preserves this patch's behavior.

Right now it doesn't.
But it should not be difficult to change.

By the way: why (make-variable-buffer-local 'compilation-next-error-function)?
It seems completely unnecessary.  People can make-local-variable when needed.
It's generally clearer if they do it anyway.

Also why not rename next-error to compilation-next-error, then default
compilation-next-error-function to compilation-next-error and just write:

(defun next-error (argp)
  (interactive ...)
  (with-current-buffer compilation-last-buffer
    (funcall compilation-next-error-function argp))

-- Stefan