Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: 16 Feb 2004 14:22:28 +0100

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yes.  (1) Launch the Carbon Emacs, (2) M-<, C-e, and hit the space
> > bar four times to move the cursor to the right fringe area of the
> > first line.  (3) C-x 2 to split the window.
>
> > Just after 2), I see a hollow box cursor (should be a filled one),
> > and 3) makes all cursors disappear.  I couldn't reproduce these
> > phenomena on the X11 version.
>
> I found another strange behaviour about this problem.  If I repeatedly
> type C-l after (2), filled and hollow cursors are alternately
> displayed in the fringe area.  Does this become a clue?

Not really.  The only reason I can think of is that somehow Carbon Emacs
cannot keep track of which window is the selected window during redisplay.

Maybe the event/command loop does a select-window at some point which
isn't restored before redisplay, and so it gets confused.

Is this somehow related to where the mouse is on the screen; it could
be some mouse related events which confuses the Carbon event loop.

What happens if you set cursor-in-non-selected-windows to nil?