Re: [patch] leim/Makefile.in: make distclean should make clean

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [patch] leim/Makefile.in: make distclean should make clean
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:25:03 +0200

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:42:57 +0900 (JST)
> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
>
> ?? Do we still make the Leim tarball?

We don't.  But since no release was done yet that included Leim as
part of the Emacs tarball, I looked into leim-21.*.tar.gz archives to
find out what Leim files should be distributed.

> It seems that distclean also should not delete *.elc.

It should only delete those *.elc files that were built as part of
building Emacs/Leim on the user's machine.  Some of the *.elc files
are like that (e.g., 4Corner.elc), others aren't.

> Then, only the case that we should delete leim/*/*.elc is at
> bootstrapping time.  Is it right?

At bootstrap we should delete *.elc and also those *.el files that
were produced from *.tit and other files in *-DIC/ directories.