Re: Emacs 21.3.50 grep.el/executable.el problems

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50 grep.el/executable.el problems
Date: 17 Feb 2004 08:34:14 +0200

> From: Markus Rost <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:10:03 +0100
>
> there is another use of executable-command-find-posix-p, namely in
> filecache.el.  Maybe one should change that as well and then remove
> executable-command-find-posix-p.

I didn't remove executable-command-find-posix-p entirely in the hope
that the ensuing discussions will come up with a better alternatives,
or suggest some different ways of solving the original problem(s) that
led to its inclusion.  So I opted for making only those changes that
would prevent the urgent problems with `grep'.