Re: Emacs 21.3.50 grep.el/executable.el problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50 grep.el/executable.el problems
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:27:55 -0500

    My opinion is that the "extensive" change would be to rip out the recent
    change altogether.

A week ago I asked Eli to do just that, but he has been busy since then
and may not have done it yet.

The reason I installed that change is that I wanted to alter some
superficial details before installing it.  I did not notice that it
had deeper problems.  If I had known, I would not have installed it.

If someone already knows how to entirely fix this, please do.
Otherwise, please take out all of that change.