Re: man.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: man.el
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:41:49 -0500

    FWIW, I don't like this kind of solutions.  Emacs should not delegate
    to the user the need to resolve its inability to DTRT.  User
    customization is for selecting from several similarly correct
    behaviors, not for fixing misfeatures.

I agree with that principle.  If it is possible to make Emacs DTRT in
all cases, we should not propose to cop out by "asking the user to
decide".