Re: enriched-mode stupidity

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: enriched-mode stupidity
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:51:24 -0500

    I've saved a text file in enriched-mode, and everytime I visit it, it
    asks me:

       Make newlines between paragraphs hard? (y or n)

    _Every single time_.

    As I'm sure you can imagine, this is Very Annoying.

This is due to the following code

         (use-hard-newlines 1 nil)

in enriched-mode.

I think the right thing to do would be to specify nil
when the user types M-x enriched-mode in a buffer that was
being edited outside enriched-mode, but not otherwise.

If this question were asked when the buffer contains no hard newlines,
would that work ok for you?  Are you using hard newlines in that file?